Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

It was a beautiful spring day at the Dunbar's today. We thought we'd step outside and take a picture before church. I noticed it was much easier to get cooperation with this small group rather than our huge group family pictures.

Even though Mom doesn't have little kids at home anymore, she couldn't give up dying Easter eggs. So Ryan and I agreed to participate, and it was fun. We got Grandma to come down and dye a couple of them, and we even got Dad to dye one! I think it might have been his first Easter egg after all five of his children or at least the first that I can remember. I guess it's not a very manly thing to do.

This was by far the best looking egg of the whole bunch. It's a nice color blue isn't it, Ben?


Although we're getting fewer in numbers here, we still have all of our Dunbar Easter traditions including the passover dinner, the empty tomb, and of course, the Easter Bunny cake. We must have so many of these pictures from over the years. It's kind of ridiculous.

Everyone was asking who is going to make the Easter Bunny cake next year. I volunteered Ryan, but I don't think he's going to go for it.

All in all it was a very enjoyable day. We had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house and had a lot of fun together.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Love the photo shoot at the end. So cute!

Becky Nelson said...

Super cute. I love the photo's. I hoep you enjoy your last day of Easter Vacation. Good luck with the shin splints!!!!