Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Outstanding!!

There is no way Julia was going to make this post, so Mom is blogging. On May 20 Julia and family attended Senior Awards Night. (Funny that we received so many phone calls to be sure Julia would be present to receive her "sports" award.) She did receive a sports award: the Army Reserve National Female Scholar Athlete Award. She also received the Principal's Academic Excellence Award for never having received a grade lower than an A. But then came the grand finale: the unveiling of the mysterious, cloaked easel which had been carried onto the stage. This would be the award for the Outstanding Senior of 2009. My wise daughter, Joanie, leaned over to me and said, "You'd better start recording this." As the principal begin reading the description of the recipient, it soon became obvious that it was our own Outstanding Julia!

Julia poses with sister, Joanie, and college-roommate-to-be, Katie.

Julia is thrilled to think of her portrait hanging in the school office for two years!

We got to bring the portrait home for a few days, and Joanie found the perfect spot for Julia to hang out. What? It's not overbearing, is it?

2 comments:

Becky Nelson said...

It is no surprise to me that Julia was given this award. She is a special young lady. I have loved having her in Young Women's. I will miss her next year, but she will do well at BYU. I love that girl!!!

Kristin said...

Congratulations Julia! Way to go... I wouldn't be very excited about my photo hanging in the office either- but at least you look beautiful in yours. Alan and I really like the family photo wall- the proportions work so well! I think after you have to relinquish this picture you should blow up one of the ones Joanie did and frame it and hang it just like this one. That would be SWEET!