Saturday, March 28, 2009

Life at the Dunbars'

Life goes on everyday, one thing after another. These last few months have been busy, busy, busy. There's just no spare time with Mom teaching seminary every other week, Dad working and taking care of scouts and the young men's program, and I have, since December, been working at all the home high school basketball games and would often not get home from seminary until 9:30 at night. It's been a lot of fun, but I'm afraid we don't ever get the camera out and feel like updating our pictures.

Chris is at home right now though, and that's a lot of fun. He's working out at the church farm right now. He'll be heading back to Rexburg next month. On St. Patrick's day I was trying to help him fill out a resume for a job at BYU-Idaho, but I don't think he appreciated my help.

With the basketball season over now, I'm fully engaged in track. Our regular league meets start next week, and I'm hoping to see some real personal improvement. I've been running anything and everything from the 4X100m relay, the 100, and the 200, to the open 400, and the 4X400m relay.
Our most recent meet was a pre-season meet against Paradise High School. It wasn't what I would call the most fun meet because they didn't really have any varsity girls. I had to race against my own team all day, but the real problem was that when it came time for the 4X4, my relay team had to race against the varsity boys. Not only that, but I had to run my leg against the fastest guy on the track team, who you see right behind me. It wasn't that big of a deal, but my whole family was laughing at me. It wasn't really a fair race; it was just pretty funny.

My goal was for us not to get lapped, which we didn't. I even promised one of my coaches that I personally wouldn't get lapped (because I was the first leg of the relay). Anyway it's pretty fun, and I'm hoping to be successful this season.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Julia,
thanks for posting new pictures and info. We all love to hear how the Dunbar's are up too. You rocked at your last track meet. I had a lot of fun watching your events. I will have to drag my girls out there again to cheer you on. Take care.